9.21.2007

black and white (aqua accents)


ever since amy's comment, i've been thinking about how aqua and black could compliment each other in a wedding. i think it works! and, it would be unique, because i couldn't easily find any weddings that used the scheme. the last box on the bottom right is a sneak peek of a wedding i'm working on (they're just using black and white. i substituted the aqua to see what it would look like) some other ideas:
  • vintage typewriter with aqua paper for guests to write notes (use as guestbook)
  • white cake with black and aqua polka dots
  • b&w polka dot bridesmaid dresses with aqua sash and/or jewelry
  • bridesmaids with white flowers, bride with aqua
  • black tablecloths, white china and napkins, aqua flowers in pewter/silver vases (or maybe aqua glass beads and a candle scape)

photo credits: vespa, paper flowers, teacup and typewriter, dress, shoes, wrapping, cake

7 comments:

amy grace said...

very cool like this a lot. though i would probably want red, personally...i didnt even realize you commented back on my comment! i feel so special to have given you inspiration ;-)
hehehe
ps:
i'm totally going to purchase this business card holder from paper source. (i dont know hot to make links work here) http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/455691.html?cm_id=3220.390

elysa said...

I love this. I am having a back and forth debate between black & white and red or teal. I love red but I am doing a beach wedding so I'm thinking teal would be better with ocean back ground.tr

Gracie said...

Love your blog. I'm paper obsessed! Black and aqua what a great combo. I love aqua!

Gracie

Unknown said...

I have to say - this is one of the awesomest combos I've seen in a while.

amy grace said...

rachel and i had discussed before doing dark chocolatey shiny brown dresses with either aqua accents / flowers or a really great pink. you know exactly what pink i'm talking about. there's your next post. :)

Megan said...

I am newly engaged and have been kinda thinking about a black & white wedding with aqua or robin's egg blue accents. Black bridesmaid dresses with aqua sash, white flowers & aqua ribbons, then white brides dress with aqua flowers (if you can find such a thing). I think i really want a classic elegant look for my wedding. Anyone find any other good photos of this color combo? Id love to seee them!

Anonymous said...

I love these colors! I'm doing almost the exact same ideas for my wedding too with the white flowers with the aqua ribbon expect the bridesmaid dresses are just going to be black. If anyone has pictures of anything reception wise with these colors let me know too!